Accounting Lead Job Description
1. Supervision of Finance/Accounting staff
· Supervise, guide, oversee, and support finance/accounting staff.
· Ensure completeness of Finance work with high quality. Ensure team members perform
· Enhance positive customer experiences.
· Coach, develop and retain staff.
2. General Accounting
· Prepare/review management report (PL, BS)
· Prepare/review TB commentary and work with Shared Service Center.
· Prepare/review account reconciliations. Support to clarify unreconciled items; work with
SSC and related team to resolve the reconciliation issues.
· Prepare journal vouchers for adjustment/reclassification, including arrange and manage
recurring journal vouchers.
· Check and ensure all journals are reviewed and authorized before posting. Ensure on
compliance for journal vouchers recorded and posted.
· Manage to resolve any variance on book keeping/records.
· Support team and other users to ensure proper GL accounts are recorded for transactions.
· Ensure compliance on global and local policies and SOPs.
· Monitor to ensure smooth and completion of month-end activities and accounting closing
· Work with SSC to maintain company chart of accounts and profit/cost center.
· Support team on GL extension.
· Work with SSC to monitor GA Master Data (GL Accounts, Cost Centers and codes
driving JV logs), and resolve when there is any issue.
· Ensure smooth month-end and annual closing of all modules.
· Ensure internal controls are in place and complied.
· Act as FIPP to ensure the correctness of financial information (e.g. GL, CC, VAT coding,
· Be a contact point and work with Tax Authorities. Manage tax dispute and fact finding.
Gather and dig down to provide information requested by the Tax Authorities, including
contact and deal with third parties to gain further information/document.
· Manage to ensure that the company complies with all taxes requirement.
· Find any updates on taxation to share with team.
· Prepare quarterly CIT and deferred taxes calculation.
· Prepare half-year tax estimation; manage the whole process to ensure on time tax return
· Prepare and liaise with auditors on the final annual corporate income tax computation,
and manage the whole process until tax submission.
· Check to ensure VAT coding on all invoices are correct.
· Monitor and control VAT input tax and output tax. Check and review VAT returns prior
· Check to ensure WHT calculation is correct. Check and review WHT returns prior to
4. Intercompany billing
· Manage intercompany transactions. Ensure to complete all crossed-charge items. Work
with related parties to obtain information for proper charge-out/in within the timeline.
Manage to resolve any intercompany cross-charge issues.
· Be a contact point for intercompany billing.
5. Fixed Asset Control & Management
· Ensure internal controls are in place for fixed assets. Manage on fixed asset issues. Ensure
that all fixed assets are sighted and tagged.
· Ensure fixed assets disposal adhere to Company policy. Ensure the compliance with local
tax laws on disposal of fixed assets. Ensure to record the transactions correctly.
· Fixed asset controllership; ensure the existence and correctness between record and actual
assets. Establish and coordinate on physical check on fixed assets.
· Ensure fixed assets additions are in line with approved CAPEX.
· Check to ensure the correctness of fixed asset master data, reconcile the difference
between US GAAP and local GAAP.
· Generate report to reconcile fixed asset movement, including depreciation, to ensure the
correctness of fixed asset record as per US GAAP and local GAAP.
· Maintain, update, document, and share with the team fixed assets additions and disposal
· Manage to resolve fixed asset issues, support other teams on fixed asset procedures.
6. Inventory/Stock control
· Manage to ensure the correctness of stock balances. Work with SSC and/or related team
on inventory management.
· Perform stock revaluation as per local GAAP.
· Manage team on stock count as per Finance Policy.
7. Other Support duties
· Liaise with auditors on interim audit and financial audit. Gather to provide information to
the auditors, and explain in detail for accounting transactions.
· Prepare annual statutory financial statements.
· Perform checking on audit programs to ensure good controls are maintained.
· Prepare cash flow update and forecast on a daily basis and assist FC to review and
manage company cash flow.
· Prepare year-end reports as per global requirement.
· Work with HR on ISE tax submission and calculation.
· Ad hoc assignments by Financial Controller or Finance Director.
· At least Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
· At least 7-10 years’ experience in Accounting & Finance Department or related
· Good knowledge in IFRS, accounting standards and tax laws.
· CPA certified is preferable.
· Good in English both Speaking and Writing
· Strong Excel & SAP skills
· Active, well organized, teamwork, proactive & service mind.
· Good coordinator with other departments
· Strong sense of business partner.
· Strong willingness to provide support team and related parties